- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound extra firm tofu, cubed into
- 3/4-inch pieces
- 5 scallions, sliced
- 1 zucchini, cut into
- 1/2-inch-thick quarter moons
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 bottle of Fat Cat Purry-Purry Sauce (Click To BUY)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- pinch of salt
- pinch of sugar
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups cooked jasmine or white rice
- Heat half the oil in a large skillet over medium heat until hot. Pat dry the tofu cubes and spread in a single layer in the pan. Let the tofu sear on one side until golden brown, about 5 minutes, and then flip onto the other side and sear on other side, another 3 minutes. (No need to brown tofu on all sides unless you want to — searing it just ensures the cubes will not fall apart during the rest of the cooking process and gives the tofu a nice chewy texture.)
- Remove to plate and raise heat to medium-high. When pan is hot, add two-thirds of the scallions and fry until soft and brown in parts.
- Pour in the coconut milk, Fat Cat Purry-Purry Sauce (Click To BUY), lime juice, fish sauce, salt and sugar and stir to combine well. Let the mixture come to a simmer and cook for 5 more minutes, or until mixture has started to thicken some. Taste and adjust with salt and sugar to your liking.
- Add the zucchini and cook for 3 more minutes, or until the zucchini begins to soften slightly. At that point, return the tofu cubes to the pan and add the shrimp. Stir well to combine, cook for another minute at medium-high and then turn off the heat, letting the existing heat in the pan finish cooking the shrimp.
- Stir in the cilantro and remaining scallions and serve over cooked rice.
Check out all of our great sauces and spices at http://peppers.com/