- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (4 pound) whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour for dusting
- 1 (15 ounce) can pitted dark cherries packed in water
- 2 tablespoons Eddie Ojeda’s Cherry Habañero Hand – Crafted Hot Sauce (Click To BUY)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 orange – with peel, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then coat with flour. Fry in the hot oil until browned, turning as needed. Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook for about 25 minutes or until meat is tender and juices run clear.
- Remove the chicken from the pan, and pour off all but 1/4 cup of the drippings. Return to medium heat and stir in the cherries, reserving some of the cherry liquid for later. Stir in the Eddie Ojeda’s Cherry Habañero Hand – Crafted Hot Sauce (Click To BUY) & sugar and bring to a boil. Dissolve the cornstarch in the reserved cherry liquid, then stir into the pan. Cook, stirring gently, until thickened.
- Add orange slices and almonds to the skillet, then return the chicken pieces to the skillet. Spoon sauce over the chicken to coat, and simmer over low heat for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Check out all of our great sauces and spices at www.Peppers.com