- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 2 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 tsp. each ground red pepper (cayenne) and black pepper
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs (2-1/2 lb.), skinned
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 oz.) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup Alligator Bayou Premium BBQ Sauce
- 1 pkg. (9 oz.) fully cooked andouille sausage, sliced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups long-grain white rice, uncooked
- 1/2 lb. uncooked deveined peeled large shrimp
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Mix flour and seasonings in shallow dish. Add chicken; turn to coat both sides of each thigh. Heat oil in Dutch oven or large deep skillet on medium heat. Add 4 chicken thighs; cook 4 min. on each side or until each is golden brown on both sides. Transfer to plate, reserving drippings in pan. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Add onions, green peppers and garlic to drippings in pan; cook and stir 5 min. Stir in tomatoes, Alligator Bayou Premium BBQ Sauce and sausage. Return chicken and any juices from plate to tomato mixture; simmer 25 min. or until chicken is done (165ºF), stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, bring broth to boil in medium saucepan. Stir in rice; cover. Simmer on medium-low heat 20 min. or until broth is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Add shrimp to tomato mixture; simmer 8 min. or until shrimp turn pink.
- Spoon rice into shallow bowls; top with chicken mixture and parsley.
Visit us at www.Peppers.com