- 4 medium orange bell peppers
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Jak Jeckel Gourmet Pepper Sauce
- 1 (8-oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup black beans drained, rinsed
- 1 cup cooked rice
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Slice stem end off peppers. (Reserve for later use.) Remove seeds and veins from peppers. Cut a jack-o-lantern face out of one side of each pepper. Stand peppers upright in baking dish. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add ground turkey; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until almost browned.
- Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
- Add Jak Jeckel Gourmet Pepper Sauce, tomato sauce, and beans; cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add rice; mix well.
- Fill peppers with beef mixture. Top with reserved stem end of peppers. Add water to the baking dish. Cover with foil.
- Bake peppers for 12 to 15 minutes, or until tender-crisp.
- Remove stem top of peppers, sprinkle evenly with cheese. Bake for 2 to 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Replace tops and serve.
Check out all of our great sauces and spices at www.Peppers.com