- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound lean beef chuck, trimmed and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup CaJohns Killer Chipotle Hot Sauce
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Brown beef cubes for 10 to 12 minutes. Reduce the heat, add the garlic, salt and cumin. Cook another 15 minutes.
- Add the can of tomatoes and CaJohns Killer Chipotle Hot Sauce. Heat to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Add water to the skillet as needed to keep the mixture from boiling dry.
- When cooked very tender, cool, then shred the meat using 2 forks. Place back on heat and stir until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- If planning to freeze, cool before packing in freezer bags and placing in freezer.
- For soft burritos, top a warm flour tortilla with the meat mixture, salsa, and grated cheese.
Check out all of our great sauces and spices at www.Pepepers.com