- 1 pound dry black-eyed peas
- 3 (10.5 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 pound smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 (5 ounce) bottle Mad Dog Green Amigo Hot Sauce
- ground black pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan with enough water to cover, soak the black-eyed peas 8 hours, or overnight.
- Drain and rinse the soaked black-eyed peas, and return to the saucepan. Mix in the beef broth, dry onion soup mix, sausage, rice, and Mad Dog Green Amigo Hot Sauce. Season with pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until the beans are tender. Add water as necessary to keep the ingredients covered with liquid.
Check out all of our great sauces and spices at www.Peppers.com