- 6 fresh peaches – peeled, pitted and sliced into thin wedges
- 1/4 cup Peach Sweet Heat Hot Sauce
- 2 fluid ounces peach schnapps, or more to taste
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 prepared pie crusts
- Place the peaches, Peach Sweet Heat Hot Sauce, and peach schnapps into a saucepan over medium heat, and cook until the peaches are softened and the mixture thickens, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Stir in sugar and cinnamon until combined. Stir in the flour, and bring the mixture back to a simmer. Simmer until the flour has thickened the filling, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat, transfer filling to a container, and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Stretch bottom pie crust into a 9 1/2-inch pie pan; cut the other crust into 1-inch wide strips. Spread the peach filling evenly into the bottom crust, and make a lattice crust from the strips, weaving the strips over and under each other. Pinch strips to the bottom crust at both ends.
- Bake the pie in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes, then remove and cover the crust edges with foil strips. Return to oven and bake until top crust is golden brown, about 30 more minutes. Cool on wire rack at least 2 hours before serving to allow pie filling to set up.
Check out all of our great sauces and spices at www.Peppers.com
Peach Sweet Heat Hot Sauce