- 2 tablespoons bacon grease
- 2 pounds venison, cut into chunks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons A** Whoopin’ Redneck Sauce (Click To BUY)
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 pound small red potatoes, chopped
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Heat bacon grease in an oven-proof pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Cook and stir venison in the hot grease until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Transfer venison to a plate using a slotted spoon. Add onion to hot grease; cook and stir until tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Mix garlic, tomato paste, and anchovy paste together in a small bowl; add to onions. Stir flour into onion mixture until dissolved.
- Pour wine, beef broth, chicken broth & A** Whoopin’ Redneck Sauce (Click To BUY) into the pot; bring to a boil while scraping the browned bits of food off of the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon. Add thyme and bay leaves to pot and bring liquid to a simmer. Return venison to pot. Cover pot.
- Simmer stew in the preheated oven for 1 hour. Add potatoes, carrots, and mushrooms to stew and simmer in the oven until potatoes are tender, about 1 hour more. Add peas and stir.
Check out all of our great sauces and spices at www.Peppers.com