- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup Captain Redbeard’s Sharkbite Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 2 pounds cod fillets, cut into serving-size pieces
- 4 cups vegetable oil for deep frying, or as needed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and Captain Redbeard’s Sharkbite Cayenne Pepper Sauce in a large bowl. Stir until combined. Add beer and continue to stir until batter is smooth. Place pieces of fish to the bowl and coat all sides evenly coated with the batter.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Cook fish fillets in batches until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain cooked fillets on a wire rack. Season with salt.
Check out all of our great sauces and spices at www.Peppers.com