- 12 medium (2 1/2-inch) hard-shelled clams, shucked and the bottom shells reserved
- 6 ounces bacon, finely diced
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan
- Clamlube Beach Party Spice Wave Nirvana Hot Sauce, to taste
- Shuck clams from shell. Clean shells thoroughly. Place each clam onto a clean 1/2 shell; set aside.
- Preheat broiler for medium heat.In a large skillet, cook 6 ounces diced bacon over medium-high heat, stirring, until fat has rendered and bacon is browned and crisp, about 7 minutes. Lower heat if skillet gets too hot and begins to smoke.
- Stir in bread crumbs and Parmesan to evenly coat in bacon fat and cook, stirring and tossing, until bread crumbs are lightly toasted, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl to cool. Season very lightly with salt and pepper.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of mixture onto the top of each clam, and add one 1 inch piece of bacon on top and 2 drops of Clamlube Beach Party Spice Wave Nirvana Hot Sauce.
- Place the clams on a broiler pan and place under broiler about 4 inches from the heat. Broil for 8 to 12 minutes or until desired crispness of bacon is achieved.
Check out all of our great sauces and spices at www.Peppers.com