- 6 strips bacon, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (5 ounce) bottle WUJU Extra Hot Hot Sauce, divided
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup corn grits
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- ½ cup chopped scallions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a sauté pan over medium low heat. Add the bacon to the pan and cook until the fat is rendered and the bacon is crisp. Remove the bacon from the pan and hold.
- Add the onions to the pan with the bacon fat and sauté until they are translucent. Add the tomatoes and ¼ cup of WUJU Hot Sauce to the pan and bring to a simmer. Cook the tomatoes for about 10 minutes. Next, add the shrimp to the tomato sauce, and cook for about 10 minutes, or until the shrimp turn pink. Finally, add the bacon back to the pan, season with salt and pepper and hold until ready to serve.
- In a large saucepot, bring four cups of water to a boil. Season with water with a teaspoon of salt and slowly pour in the grits, whisking as they are being added. Simmer the grits for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once the grits soft and the water is absorbed, add the butter, cream and cheese to the pot. Season with salt, pepper and WUJU to taste and stir to combine.
- To plate each dish, place a portion of the grits into a shallow bowl, top with the tomato sauce and a portion of the shrimp. Garnish with scallions and serve.
Recipe courtesy of WujuHotSauce.com
Check out all of our great sauces and spices at www.Peppers.com