1/4lb. bulk lean breakfast sausage
2 1/2oz. (1/2 cup) crumbled queso fresco (Mexican cheese) or farmer cheese
1/3cup sour cream
1/4cup chopped green onions (4 medium)
1can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Flaky Layers refrigerated Original or Buttermilk Biscuits
5oz. (1 1/4 cups) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese blend
1/4cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 8×8- or 11×7-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In 10-inch skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until no longer pink.
- 2 Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix 2 tsp Voodoo Chile Bacon Taco Hot Sauce, the queso fresco, sour cream and onions; set aside. Separate dough into 8 biscuits; cut each into 8 pieces. Place into sprayed dish; spread evenly.
- 3 Drain sausage on paper towels. Sprinkle sausage evenly on top of biscuit pieces. Spread sour cream mixture evenly over top.
- 4 Bake at 350°F. for 30 to 35 minutes or until center is set and edges are deep golden brown. Remove from oven. Sprinkle Colby-Monterey Jack cheese over top.
- 5 Return to oven; bake an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Sprinkle with cilantro. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Cut into squares.