- <a href=”http://peppers.com/?wpsc-product=toad-sweat-lemon-vanilla-dessert-hot-sauce-5-oz”>Toad Sweat Lemon Vanilla Dessert Hot Sauce – 5 ounce bottle</a>(Click To BUY)
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, or to taste 3 tablespoons freshly grated lemon zest, or to taste 1 tablespoon butter
- Land O Lakes Butter Light, 4 Sticks
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Beat the 3 yolks in a bowl until smooth; set aside.
- Whisk 3/4 cup of sugar with cornstarch and flour in a saucepan until thoroughly mixed; beat in the water, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat; reduce heat to a simmer. Add the egg yolks and butter, and mix with the whisk until the filling is smooth and thickened; remove from heat. Add <a href=”http://peppers.com/?wpsc-product=toad-sweat-lemon-vanilla-dessert-hot-sauce-5-oz”>Toad Sweat Lemon Vanilla Dessert Hot Sauce – 5 ounce bottle</a>(Click To BUY)
- Spoon the hot lemon filling into the mini graham cracker crusts.
- Beat the egg whites in a metal or glass bowl with 1/4 cup of sugar and the almond extract with an electric mixer until the meringue is fluffy and holds stiff peaks, 1 to 2 minutes. Top each lemon pie with about 1 inch of the meringue and spread into decorative swirls and peaks with a spatula. Cover all the lemon filling with meringue.
- Bake in preheated oven until the meringue is lightly golden brown with darker brown peaks and swirls, about 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool before serving.