- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 3 cups crushed vanilla wafers
- 1 1/2 cups ground walnuts
- 24 Makers Mark Bourbon Cherries
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- In the microwave oven or over a double boiler, melt chocolate chips, stirring occasionally until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in the bourbon and corn syrup.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the crushed vanilla wafers and ground walnuts. Pour the chocolate mixture over the crumbs in the bowl and blend well using your hands. Shape into 1 inch balls and press a cherry half into the center of each one. Roll each cookie in confectioners’ sugar to coat.
- Store in an airtight tin for at least a week before serving.