- 1 head cabbage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, or as needed
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 chopped green bell pepper
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 whole Scotch bonnet chile pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 Tablesoons High River Sauces Cheeba Gold Barbados Style Scotch Bonnet Pepper Sauce
- Peel tough outer leaves from cabbage, core the head, and shred cabbage.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat; Raise heat to high. Stir onion, green bell pepper, and green onion in the hot oil and cook until vegetables have softened, about 5 minutes, stirring often. Stir thyme, Scotch bonnet pepper, and salt into onion mixture.
- Mix shredded cabbage and carrots into onion mixture until thoroughly combined, cover skillet, and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook until cabbage has started to soften, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Uncover skillet and stir vinegar,sugar and High River Sauces Cheeba Gold Barbados Style Scotch Bonnet Pepper Sauce into cabbage mixture; cook and stir until cabbage is tender, about 3 more minutes. Discard Scotch bonnet pepper and thyme sprigs before serving.